Success at Iowa Online Course
All new undergraduate domestic and international students are required to complete the Success at Iowa online course. This 2 semester hour course will help introduce you to resources and information that will help you be a successful Hawkeye.
- First-year and Transfer Students enrolling for summer or fall will take the course CSI:1600 during the fall semester. The course will begin after May 1 with some modules needing to be completed prior to attending orientation.
- First-year and Transfer Students enrolling for spring will take the course CSI:1600 during the spring semester. The course will begin after December 1 with some modules needing to be completed prior to attending orientation.
International students in the Iowa Intensive English Program (IIEP) are not required to complete the course until they have been admitted to a degree program.
To Begin the Course
Login to ICON (https://icon.uiowa.edu) with your HawkID and password. Once you have logged in, click on the Success at Iowa course for further directions and more information. If you do not see the course listed, you may need to select the correct session (fall or spring semester) from the drop-down menu at the top right of the ICON dashboard. Some modules will not open until previous parts are completed.
The Success at Iowa online course includes modules that help you prepare for your time at orientation and on campus. You will learn about Iowa online systems including the MyUI student portal, Iowa Courses Online (ICON) and the email client Office 365. There will also be modules that help you understand the resources available on campus and how to navigate the campus. Information about how to complete the course will be emailed to your @uiowa.edu address.
Other components that all students will complete include:
- eCHECKUP TO GO, which will provide you with accurate and detailed information about your personal alcohol-related risk patterns, individual level of alcohol tolerance, unique family risk factors, harm-reduction strategies, and helpful resources on campus and in the community.
- Every Choice is designed to help you protect yourself and others from sexual assault, harassment, stalking, and dating/domestic violence. You will learn what constitutes sexual or domestic violence, how to intervene when you see it, and what to do if it happens to you or someone you know.
- Excelling @ Iowa is a comprehensive transition program that will help you plan for early success at Iowa. You will be asked to take a survey during the third week of the semester. Based on your responses, you will receive an individualized report suggesting campus resources that may help you excel both inside and outside of the classroom.
Questions about Success at Iowa can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.