Your first year on campus starts here
Your first year at the University of Iowa starts right now! Sure, you may not begin classes until the middle of January, but what you do over the next few months will lay the foundation for your whole Iowa experience. We want you to get involved—and to feel like part of the Hawkeye family—right from the start.
Essential information for new students
This website offers essential information for every newly admitted undergraduate student, plus a guide to the resources that will help you succeed throughout your first-year on campus. It connects you with everything you need to know about orientation and transitioning into the University of Iowa.
Meet your Peers
Upcoming Important Dates
- November - December: Download the General Student Requirements Form for your physician to complete. This includes proof of measles, mumps, and rubella immunity, which is required of all students.
- December 1: Success at Iowa online class opens for all incoming domestic and international degree-seeking students. Login to Iowa Courses Online (ICON) to being the course.
- December 13: Deadline to apply for housing (Questions: Contact UH&D: 319-335-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- December - January: Receive your residence hall housing assignment and move-in instructions from University Housing the last week of December or the first week of January.
- December - January: Attend orientation if starting in the Spring 2018 semester.
- January 1: Deadline for official test scores and high school transcripts (and from any college you may have attended) submission (Questions: Contact Admissions: 319-335-3847 or email@example.com).
- January 15: Help honor the memory of Dr. King by contributing your time and voice to improve your community on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service.