The orientation reservation system is currently closed but will re-open at 9:00 am on April 8, 2020 to allow students to make changes to existing reservations and for new reservations. Students who have paid the acceptance fee and answered the health insurance question on their Admissions Profile in MyUI are eligible to sign up for orientation.
If you have a current orientation reservation, please watch for an e-mail with instructions about the new online orientation experience. The e-mail will include next steps to be eligible to register for classes for summer and/or fall.
In this section:
- You can make an orientation reservation once you have accepted admission by paying the $250 acceptance fee.
- Confirm that your major is correct on your Admissions Profile in the MyUI student portal.
- If you need to change your major, you can request this through your Admissions Profile in the Admissions Summary section. If changing your major requires changing colleges within the University (i.e. changing from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences to the Tippie College of Business), please call the Office of Admissions at 319-335-1549 to determine if you are eligible for this type of major change. All major changes should happen before you select an orientation program. If you are unsure of what you want to study, choosing "Open" as your major will allow you to explore many areas.
- If you intend to teach at the high-school level, indicate the subject area (history, English, chemistry, etc.) as your major.
- If you have been admitted to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences as having an "interest" in a major (such as elementary education or nursing) or as a "pre" major (business), this does not guarantee your admission to another college within the University. Please contact those colleges directly to find out about their specific admission requirements.
Things to have ready when you make your reservation:
- HawkID and password
- You summer schedule (you will need to be available on your orientation date for a virtual advising appointment and registration)
- Login to MyUI (myui.uiowa.edu) with your Hawk ID and Password.
- Click on the Admissions Profile link located on the right side of the page
- Scroll down to the Health Insurance Requirement link and indicate your insurance status (indicating your health insurance status is required before you are able to register for an orientation program).
- Return to your Admissions Profile and click on the Orientation / Registration link to select from a list of programs available for your major.
- Check your email in the following week for confirmation of your orientation program date.
Orientation dates will be confirmed within a week of requesting your reservation via email and on your Admissions Profile.