Students who have paid the acceptance fee and answered the health insurance question on their Admissions Profile in MyUI are eligible to sign up for an orientation date starting Monday, October 10 at 9:00 am CST.
In this section:
- Beginning October 10, 2022 you can make an orientation reservation once you have accepted admission by paying the $325 acceptance fee.
- Confirm that your major is correct on your Admissions Profile in the MyUI student portal.
- If you need to change your major, you can request this through your Admissions Profile in the Admissions Summary section. If changing your major requires changing colleges within the University (i.e. changing from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences to the Tippie College of Business), please call the Office of Admissions at 319-335-1549 to determine if you are eligible for this type of major change. All major changes should happen before you select an orientation program. If you are unsure of what you want to study, choosing "Open" as your major will allow you to explore many areas.
- If you intend to teach at the high-school level, indicate the subject area (history, English, chemistry, etc.) as your major.
- If you have been admitted to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences as having an "interest" in a major (such as elementary education or nursing) or as a "pre" major (business), this does not guarantee your admission to another college within the University. Please contact the Office of Admissions or the college directly to find out about their specific admission requirements.
Things to have ready when you make your reservation:
- HawkID and password
- Your summer schedule.
- Log into MyUI with your Hawk ID and Password.
- Click on the Admissions Tab in the yellow bar.
- Click on Orientation.
- Scroll down to the Health Insurance Requirement link and indicate your insurance status (indicating your health insurance status is required before you are able to register for an orientation program).
- Return to the main page of your Admissions Profile and select the Orientation / Registration link to choose your orientation dates (select a week, but you only need to be available during 1 of the days that week. You will select the date for your advising and registration appointment about 1 week prior to your orientation dates).
- Check your UIowa email for confirmation of your orientation program.
Online Orientation includes modules in the Orientation Tile in MyUI and an Academic Advising and Course Registration appointment via Zoom. Orientation is required for all new students.
For this reservation, select the week that you would like to meet virtually with your academic advisor and register for classes. This meeting will be up to hour in length on 1 day of that week (you do not need to be available the whole week). Approximately 7 days before your orientation week, you will choose a date and time to meet virtually with your advisor that fits in your schedule. Prior to your selected week, you will be required to complete online modules and placement exams to prepare. See an example below:
- You select December 12-16
- You will complete online modules and placement exams by December 5 and then choose your academic advising appointment date and time
Questions? Contact us!
Call 319-335-1497 (M-F, 8:00am - 4:30 pm CST)