We are excited to have you join the Hawkeye family! Our virtual Orientation experience will set you up for academic success and assist you in your transition to the University and Iowa City. We invite parents, family members, and your support system to participate in our webinars to prepare to support your college transition and journey to graduation.
How to Complete Your Virtual Student Orientation Experience:
1. Sign up for an orientation program date(s) through your Admission Profile. Orientation is a required program that includes pre-advising modules, academic advising and course registration.
2. Complete Pre-advising modules and placement test portions of the Orientation Tile in MyUI. The sections of the tile must be completed at least one week prior to the start of your orientation week. Your online orientation experience is tailored to you individually. You will learn more about the college you are admitted to at Iowa, specific programs you may have been accepted into (Honors, Advantage Iowa, etc.), as well as the tools you will use to be a successful student at Iowa. Login to MyUI with your HawkID and password and navigate to the tile labeled Orientation (the tiles are in alphabetical order) on the Home page. Follow the steps in the tile and complete all of the items through Academic Advising. You will complete the last section, called the New Student Check-list after you register for classes with your advisor. The Orientation Tile in MyUI opens on November 14 for all new students who have signed up for their orientation week.
3. Schedule your Academic Advising Appointment. One week out from your orientation program dates, if you have completed the Orientation Tile in MyUI, you will receive a link to schedule your academic advising appointment during your orientation program week. This appointment will last about 1 hour and you will register for classes during this appointment.
4. Complete the New Student Checklist items in the MyUI Orientation Tile. There are a few items that you will need to complete and other transition areas to think about once you have registered, prior to arriving on-campus for the spring. This checklist will help you navigate the many things to consider as you transition.
5. Attend the Webinar Series to learn more about being a Hawkeye! Attend webinars to learn more about opportunities and resources at Iowa, and get excited about being a Hawkeye. You and your family can pick and choose the areas that interest you and work in your schedule. Sessions are recorded and available on our YouTube channel after the event if you are not able to join us live. The webinar series schedule will be available starting in mid-November.