Bringing a younger sibling with you to orientation?
The Sibling Program is open to younger siblings of new Hawkeyes, aged 9-16. The program is free and occurs on the second day of our two-day programs, allowing siblings to get acquainted with the University of Iowa. Led by Orientation Leaders, siblings will have opportunities to engage in academic sessions, the University's Museum of Natural History, and eat lunch in a campus dining hall - just like their older siblings! Below is a sample schedule of the program so you have a better idea of what the day will look like:
- Check-in: 7:50-8:15 am
- Welcome to campus!: 8:30-9:15 am
- Academic Presentation 1: 9:30-10:15 am
- Academic Presentation 2/Museum of Natural History: 10:30-11:15 am
- Lunch: 11:30 am-12:00 pm
- Check-out/Pick-up: 12:15-12:45 pm
Each sibling program has a registration cap of 35 siblings - registration is filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Ready to jump in? Let's get you registered!
Registration is located on the Admissions Profile:
- Login to MyUI (myui.uiowa.edu) with your Hawk ID and Password.
- Click on the Admissions Profile link located on the right side of the page.
- Scroll down to the ORIENTATION/ REGISTRATION link and click to enter. You will see the dates that you are registered for Orientation: Please note that the Sibling Program occurs on the second day of your Orientation program.
Check-in for the Sibling Program occurs from 7:50-8:15am on day 2 of your orientation program and will be located on the ground floor of the Iowa Memorial Union.
If you have questions or need to modify your registration for the Sibling Program, please call Orientation Services at 319-335-1497.