We are excited to have you join the Hawkeye family! We created your online orientation experience to assist you in your transition to the University and Iowa City. We also invite parents, family members, and your support system to participate in our webinars and online content so that they are prepared to support your college transition and journey to graduation.
1. Sign up for an orientation date through your Admission Profile. Online dates will occur in December and January for the spring semester.
2. Complete all of the action items in the Orientation Tile in MyUI. The action items in the tile must be completedat least one week prior to your orientation date. Your online orientation experience is tailored to you individually. You will learn more about the college you are admitted to at Iowa, specific programs you may have been accepted into (Honors, Advantage Iowa, etc.), as well as the tools you will use to be a successful student at Iowa. Login to MyUI with your HawkID and password and navigate to the tile labeled Orientation (the tiles are in alphabetical order) on the Home page. Follow the steps in the tile and complete all of the items through Academic Advising. You will complete the last section, called New Student Check-list after you register for classes with your advisor.
3. Review information from your advisor. A few days before your orientation program, you will receive an email at your uiowa.edu email account (be sure to be checking this daily) with more details about creating schedules and choosing classes from your advisor. Make sure to review this to fully prepare for your orientation program. Your Orientation Leader can help with any questions during the small group.
4. Attend Day 1 of your Orientation Program. The first day will include a Welcome session and a Small Group session for students. This will last 1 hour (9:00 am or 11:00 am Central Standard Time (CST)) and students will receive an email with login information prior to their date. Students will schedule their advising/registration appointment for Day 2 during the small group session.
5. Attend Day 2 of your Orientation Program - this is when you will meet with your academic advisor and register for classes. This appointment will be about 1 hour. You need a stable internet connection and a computer to complete the appointment and course registration. If you have concerns about your access to technology for this appointment, please contact Orientation Services as soon as possible at email@example.com or 319-335-1497.
6. Complete the New Student Checklist items in the MyUI Orientation Tile. There are a few items that you will need to complete and other transition areas to think about once you have registered, prior to arriving on-campus for the fall. This checklist will help you navigate the many things to consider as you transition.
7. Attend orientation sessions to learn more about being a Hawkeye! Attend webinars to learn more about opportunities and resources at Iowa, and get excited about being a Hawkeye. You and your family can pick and choose the areas that you want to learn more about.